Magento Forum

PayPal Standard. “To complete your payment, your country of residence must be same as the country to which you are shipping.”

oxygen

Total Posts:  69

hi all,
I am testing paypal standard on its sandbox.
I place an order and proceed to paypal checkout.
I then login to paypal account (as a buyer).
But paypal doesn’t allow me to proceed.
The message was: “To complete your payment, your country of residence must be same as the country to which you are shipping.” (please see attached image).

I cannot buy an item and ship to other country?

Is this limited to sandbox only?

Appreciate very much if someone could enlighten me.

Thank you in advance.

Image Attachments
paypalstandard.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

oxygen

hi All,

I just found out from PayPal Developer Community forum (http://www.paypaldeveloper.com) that PayPal doesn’t allow different shipping country from the shopper’s PayPal account country. What it means, if the shopper opens a PayPal account under country A, he/she can only ship the item to country A, as what this topic title says. I believe this restriction applies across all PayPal solutions, not limited to PayPal Standard only.

This is a big setback for me.

I am wondering if there is a workaround solution on Magento side. Is it possible for Magento NOT to post shipping address (or any address) to PayPal? Could someone help to point me to the right direction? Where can I make the changes?

Thank you very much.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oxygen

hi Ron,
Thanks for the reply and answer.

I ask the question as I do not know the rationale of such restriction, whether it is technical or not.
I am new in e-commerce and I am glad to have found Magento for my online business.
Also I am not a programmer and I don’t think I am in a position to hack PayPal.

I am only thinking from a commercial point of view, that, it is very common for inter-country purchase/delivery.
Since Magento has multiple addresses feature, it is inevitable that shopper may wish to ship an item to another country, for instance, a gift for the family or friend abroad.

I am also surprise that this restriction has not become a hurdle for online merchants who are using PayPal as payment gateway, yet.

Do you know of any payment gateways that do not impose such restriction?

Appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community