Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

*MADE TO ORDER Module - Unusable? 

pritch20001

Total Posts:  63

Has anyone used this module sucessfully? All I need is to use it for two custom text boxes to be passed to sales admin on order. It doesn’t seem to pass any of this additional data to the database for it to appear in the admin section under orders. At what stage does the program try to do this?

Is this module not actually working yet? Any help would be great as I could really do with finding a solution today!

Cheers guys

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

crius
Guru

Total Posts:  623
Denmark

I tried it with just a text input, and it does store the text, but for some reason, the code for displaying it in the backend is not included.

Go to app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/sales/order/view/items/info.phtml and add this somewhere to display the text:

<?php echo $this->getEntity()->getLineItemDetails(); ?>

Magento Community
Magento Community

pritch20001

Hi,

Which version of the module did you use? and where does it put the info in the database? I couldn’t find the words I entered in the database anywhere...Cheers for your help if I can sort this today I will be so happy!

Nice one!

Magento Community
Magento Community

crius
Guru

Total Posts:  623
Denmark

I’m using the newest version, 0.8.0. The text is stored in the sales_quote_item_text table.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pritch20001

thanks mate, your a super star!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community