Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How Do I.. transfer custom tables form zencart

cwpollock

Total Posts:  117
Rochester, NY

I am about 50% of the way through a zencart project and am seriously thinking I’d like to move it magento.  I’m trying to evaluate how I’m going to get the data over.

The data I’m concerned about is in two modules that control the “related products” and the “product accessories”.  Is there an easy way to import these simple product link tables?  Should I go after the database directly (if so, what tables)?  Can the importer handle this kind of relationship?

Any other general information about transferring from ZenCart would be appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cwpollock

Total Posts:  117
Rochester, NY

I did find an API that I think will help me get the job done, but help would still be appreciated grin
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/doc/webservices-api/api/catalog_product_link

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community