My site has been up since the end of april.
Everything was fine until earlier this week I suddenly got the dreaded “an error has occurred while processing your request” message.
I could no longer access my frontend or admin of my site. I backed up my site and uploaded my image from a few weeks ago. I got the following Error message: this time with stack trace:
pdo_mysql extension is not installed
#0 /home/contemp6/public_html/store/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(390): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect()
#1 /home/contemp6/public_html/store/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(206): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('SET NAMES utf8', Array)
#2 /home/contemp6/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Type/Db/Pdo/Mysql.php(39): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('SET NAMES utf8')
#3 /home/contemp6/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource.php(77): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Type_Db_Pdo_Mysql->getConnection(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element))
#4 /home/contemp6/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(54): Mage_Core_Model_Resource->getConnection('core_setup')
#5 /home/contemp6/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(110): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->__construct('core_setup')
#6 /home/contemp6/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(195): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#7 /home/contemp6/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(208): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#8 /home/contemp6/public_html/store/app/Mage.php(404): Mage_Core_Model_App->init('default', 'store', Array)
#9 /home/contemp6/public_html/store/app/Mage.php(423): Mage::app('default', 'store', Array)
#10 /home/contemp6/public_html/store/index.php(40): Mage::run('default')
Since I had been up for a while, and I had not changed the site, my first thought was my host was upgrading/mucking with the system. Howver, it appears the pdo_mysql and all the other extensions are there. Its php 5.2.0. I uploaded the magento-check.php file and the results are all good here: Magento Check
I have an old 0.8.* version still on my system, that I keep around for times like this and IT WORKS. 0.8 Magento Working Version
I backed up my system and tried to install again. And I am getting an error message on the DB configuration stating “Database connection error.” Not surprising since it thinks mysql_pdo is not there.
So, basically to all the magento gurus--- HELP! PLEASE!
What can i check/do to resolve this. The old 0.8 version is cool, the current release is not. Confused, lost, depressed, and now sleepy from hours of fruitless debugging.
Thank yo in advance for your help.