Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

simple, configurable or bundle? 

horizens

Total Posts:  12

Hi,

I’ve read through a lot of the posts regarding attributes/configurable products/bundles/etc.... and either overlooked or didn’t find the answer to my problem.

I’m building a fine art photography site that sells prints. Each print has the following:

Unlimited inventory (we can print however many we sell) therefore we don’t need to track stock level
4 size choices: 8x10, 10x14, 20x30, 30x40 each with a different price that the user will select from on the product page.

Is there any way to do this without having to create 4 separate simple products for each print?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michae1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Did you consider using custom product options ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

nicolas46

Total Posts:  210
Toulouse

http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/video-custom-product-options-in-magento-11/

Magento Community
Magento Community

chutu82

Total Posts:  2

i cant see “custom options” in product menu

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

Both of those people are talking about a new feature in the latest version only. You might have to upgrade if you aren’t seeing it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community