Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Products by 6

Bruno LAFITTE

Total Posts:  22

My question : How is it possible to sell the producs only by 6, 12, 18… with always a unit price for one item ?

With Magento 1.1, I see that It is difficult to sell products by 6 with bundle items.

Moshe have responds :
This functionality will be available with introduction of bundles, with a bundle product containing 6 of the simple inventory products.
If you wish to have this without bundles, you might overload Mage_Checkout_Model_Cart : add Product method to have $qty rounded to nearest increment of 6.
For usability you may want to add javascripts for client-side validation or entered quantity updates.

Now i am looking for who is it possible to make this modification in “Mage_Checkout_Model_Cart” ?
I dont understand “add Product method to have $qty rounded to nearest increment of 6.” and “you may want to add javascripts for client-side validation or entered quantity updates”

Help Thanks

File Attachments
Cart.php  (File Size: 16KB - Downloads: 35)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Bruno LAFITTE

Total Posts:  22

Nobody can help me ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

erict

Total Posts:  31

As Moshe indicates, this is one of the many things Magento can’t do but might be able to some time in the far-flung future.

I’d just name the products you want to sell in these quantities “Product X (pack of 6)” or something to that effect and set the price to six times the normal product price (or however you want to handle that).  This way you indicate to the user that the quantity is 6 but you can still let Magento deal with each increment of 6 as 1 product.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community