Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Clothing from Iran in Australia

shir

Total Posts:  37
Byron Bay, NSW, Australia

My store is open and in reasonable enough shape to post here (least I think so).

Khoshtex Online - http://www.khoshtex.com
Click on Online Store for the Magento bits.

We just started the business via our online store.

We’re located in Australia and we’re importing clothing from Iran. We’ve started off with some BOHO tops. Not all our starting product range is online yet because I have other work commitments, but as able, the time consuming staging and photographing products is slowly moving along. I’m not a programmer by profession although I’ve done a few sites with Mambo and then Joomla, so I’ve limped along with Magento, learning as I go and trying not to mess with too much code.

I specifically chose Magento because of the ‘inventory by attributes’ feature, and how easy it is to set up.

We’ll be doing retail and wholesale on the site. The idea is that if we designate a customer as ‘wholesale’ they can then see the tier pricing which is based on wholesale quantities. Really neat feature!

The front-end at http://www.khoshtex.com is done with Joomla 1.5, and some products are featured there. Eventually I’ll install the Joomla/Magento bridge, but not just yet.

It’s all definitely a work-in-progress as far as development goes, but every time I come to this site, I learn something new and incorporate it if I can.

Cheers…
Sue

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community