Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Dual Pricing for different login users - paid login

dataferret

Total Posts:  2

I am so looking forward to magento being released in 2008.

I run several online shops and some require members to have an active paid subscription. If they are subscribing members and their membership is up to date they get to see discounted or wholesale prices. If they are not they see regular retail prices.

So I suggest as an extra addon for Magento:

a) Membership login with option to toggle paid subscription on/off
b) Dual pricing and price discounts for subscribing members with validation of subscription status
c) Personalised pricing for individual subscribing members (scaleable discount system based on a percentage)
c) Seperate email newsletter for subscribing members
d) Singular interface for the above regardless of how many shops are plugged into it

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

I like some aspects of this suggestion, and I’m sure there would be a reasonable amount of demand for this kind of thing.

A couple of scenarios that I would be interested in:

- special pricing for certain groups of users (without paid subscription)
- paid subscription that allows free access to content and downloadable products

Although I can imagine the scenarios could get quite complex, which could make developing such an add-on quite difficult.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Unfortunately, I don’t expect this to be available out of the box any time soon. Perhaps this can be added on as a Community module.

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

@Ross - special pricing for certain groups of users (without paid subscription) is supported through the catalog price rules.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

YoavKutner - 30 October 2007 11:05 AM

@Ross - special pricing for certain groups of users (without paid subscription) is supported through the catalog price rules.

Thanks Yoav, that’s great to know!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Webtex

Total Posts:  219
Minneapolis, USA

Hi guys,

Two our extensions ”Customer Group Prices” and ”Prices per Customer” do everything what you need for working with custom prices..

Regards, Alex.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community