Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to add some Static Block content above Contacts Form? 

Appmerce
Guru

Total Posts:  376
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Hi there,

I’ve created a Static Block with the clients address. Now I want to show that Static Block’s content in the /contacts page.

I added this to /template/contacts/form.phtml, just under the title <h4>:

<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('staticContact'?>

And I added this to the contacts.xml in the <default> section:

<block type="cms/block" name="static.contact" as="staticContact">
            <
action method="setBlockId"><block_id>contactpage</block_id></action>
        </
block>

But it doesn’t output anything. I’m just missing out on the logic here. I really don’t understand. Can somebody help out?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

What’s the reason to go through all those steps? why not just add your static html code directly in the form.phtml ?

Preserver upgrade compatibility? I don’t see a sense of it because everything in the frontend folder is design’s realm, and I think it should stay that way, make it independent. When you upgrade Magento, all your phtml files shouldn’t be overwritten.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Unirgy
Guru

Total Posts:  478

<?php echo $this->getLayout()->createBlock('cms/block')->setBlockId('contactpage')->toHtml() ?>

Magento Community
Magento Community

Appmerce
Guru

chinesedream - 18 July 2008 05:55 AM

What’s the reason to go through all those steps? why not just add your static html code directly in the form.phtml ?

Preserver upgrade compatibility? I don’t see a sense of it because everything in the frontend folder is design’s realm, and I think it should stay that way, make it independent. When you upgrade Magento, all your phtml files shouldn’t be overwritten.

That’s a weird reply! Of course it needs to be in the static block, so the client can EDIT it via the CMS…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Appmerce
Guru

Unirgy - 21 July 2008 05:43 AM

<?php echo $this->getLayout()->createBlock('cms/block')->setBlockId('contactpage')->toHtml() ?>

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

x4hai

Total Posts:  16

Try this: http://demo.hello-magento.com/freecms/furniture.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community