Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

?? Add free shipping as part of a discount coupon??? 

dr.colossus

Total Posts:  6

Yo,
Might be missing something obvious - I can get coupons working sweet, EXCEPT when I want to run a discount PLUS free shipping (A discount for locals in my area).

Has anyone had trouble with that? It seems easy, but I couldnt for the life of me get it going.

Also, it seems impossible to cancel a coupon once it is entered. Unlikely to effect customers to any great extent but a pain in the ass when testing.

Any help about the shipping thing would be great.

Shot
Danno

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

frontpor

Total Posts:  8
Lewis Center, Ohio

Hello

I would love to find out an anwer for this as well.  I am looking for way to enter a coupon code for FREE standard shipping.  There has to be a way ?????

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

nikkstocks

Total Posts:  47

the option is located on the ‘Actions’ tab of coupons made under ‘Shopping Cart Price Rules’ . However, for it to actually work you also need to enable free shipping in system > configuration > shipping methods.

The minimum for the free shipping can be set to anything (i have it set at £999,999,999, so its essentially disabled), but it needs to be enabled before free delivery coupons will work .

hope this helps! was hours before i figured this out

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ilse

Total Posts:  13

Yes, that helps a lot,
Thanks !!!
(even after 2 years ;o)

Magento Community
Magento Community