Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How can I Import a .CSV file for products? 

jun266

Total Posts:  104

I can’t find the url for the improt products, please help
Thank you so much…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jun266

somebody help me please.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

atang

Total Posts:  59

It’s in your admin under the System menu (import/export).  Select “Profiles”, then “Import All Products”.  Go to the “Upload” tab and browse for your csv, then Save the profile, then go to the “Run Profile” tab to select the uploaded file and run it.

To get the csv template, I exported all my products first.  The file ends up in your [magento_home]/var/export directory.

Imports are pretty slow (just search for “import slow” in the forum, although it looks like the 1.0.19870.2 version had some performance fixes.  If you have enough memory, try increasing “Number of Records” in the profile wizard to 5 or 10.  I also recommend saving your csv as “UTF-8” to avoid import errors.  Also make sure you set the “store” column to “default”, or the products won’t show up correctly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jun266

Thank you so much, you give me a big help…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community