Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Member-only Store / Login Required

enginedigital

Total Posts:  11

Wondering if there’s been any update as to making sure users cannot access the store unless the login?

Anyone implemented this, is it going to become a new feature.

Basically have a check for user’s logged in state before allowing them to view any pages within the store. Typically used for B2B or Wholesaler site’s.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

This feature (together with a lot of other upcoming news) is listed on the Roadmap for Magento: “Limited catalog access per user group”.

So hopefully we will have it within not so long ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

enginedigital

thanks, ya i wasn’t entirely sure what this actually meant in the roadmap,

- hiding checkout from certain users
- hiding price, ratings, etc etc from certain users
- hiding specific products or categories from specific users

i guess if its the last one, then all user’s would access the same store, and then depending on login they would see their specific catalog. in my case since the entire store is member-only (wholesale), i would create all categories and only allow wholesale to see, the only issue with this is id rather force users to the login screen, rather than letting them see a blank homepage.

i was more wondering if you can have a complete store, but simply make it have a login required. hopefully not that complex, basically just a check on each page for logged in state and specific user type, and if not redirect to login screen.

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Yes, it is hard to say how it actually will look like. The login fuction is already implemented. So, maybe the customers gets a customer category code in the admin, that will deceide what product categories / products will be visible for this particular code and what discount he will have.

A wholesale login page could look like this: http://www.cssdirect.net/shop/login.asp?url=/default.asp?

Magento Community
Magento Community

enginedigital

yes thats exactly what i was hoping for.

hope theyll add that feature soon, as id rather not have to muck up the code too much, unless i can do it in such a way that upgrading in the future won’t break things.

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

If you need it fast and it is really important for your business, you might consider to contact the company that made the other website, to see if it is easy to implement:

http://www.logicalsolutions.net/GetStarted/

Or ask Magento for a quote to make this feature for you.

Otherwise, following the roadmap, I am confident that magento will come up with a good solution for us all ! grin

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community