Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Retail + Wholesale Store

enginedigital

Total Posts:  11

Is it possilbe to set-up a store for the general public, and then to also have a logged in state (for wholesalers). And while in this logged in state the wholesale users get say a 25% discount?

Does magento support store wide discounts based on user types?

Or would i have to have a duplicate store for the wholesalers, that somehow shares the same products and inventory, but just has different prices?

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lopsta.com

Total Posts:  145

you might consider different payment types and price display and order methods as well. wholesales with repeating orders could be granted invoice payment, depending on the country you are in they might get diplayed priced without sales tax and most better wholesale offer table like order entry form additional.
so setting up a second shop could be a good choice. magento supports multi shop environments.
you can get different prices in one shop for wholesale and retail by defaut in magento, no problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

enginedigital

ya i was thinking that a separate store might be better to manage for wholesalers. it will depend on the specific rules of the client and how they typically deal with wholesale orders.

thanks for the great tips.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Murat_TR

If i make only wholesale and products are sold only in sets (one set contains 6 pieces.), how i can put implication on clients to order products only by set.

Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

Integrating 2 stores into one is quite easy and can be done either in the Admin panel or by creating a new directory on your server (ex. /wholesale).
There would be some backend scripting that would be needed or have each store carry it’s own seperate products which may take up quite a bit of space on your server.

If you need help, let me know.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community