Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

MySQL version not correctly shown

Carolus

Total Posts:  28

I tested with magento-check,.php. I do have MySQL 4.1.22. But the check told me to have a version below MySQL 4.1.20. Can I try to install or do I get a error message?

carolus

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Agent Mo

Total Posts:  51

Create a PHP file with

phpinfo();
- execute, then you see your current MySQL version. If its >= 4.1.2 install Magento smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

Your MySQL version is correct, the way the checker script works is by running a shell command from the PHP file, if you’re host doesn’t allow this it would tell you have the wrong version. There’s really no other way to check the MySQL version that I’m aware of.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Carolus

Total Posts:  28

Thanks for answering. I started installation and got the message: “Error in file: “/www/htdocs/w007da2e/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.31-0.7.32.php” - Wrong entity ID”
As I could see from other threads this issue is well known but I could not find out what the solution is. I also populated the mysql database with sample data. Is there a way to omit the error message?
carolus

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community