Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New Customer Page Help

amtechs

Total Posts:  30
Powell, Ohio

When I go to the new customer page, I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setObject() on a non-object in C:\xampp\htdocs\liveit\shop\app\design\frontend\default\default\template\customer\form\register.phtml on line 39

What can I do to correct this?

Plus the new customer pages go to the default Magento theme.  How do I change it to reflect the new theme I am using?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

amtechs

Powell, Ohio

anyone....anyone???

Magento Community
Magento Community

amtechs

Powell, Ohio

Nobody has seen this before????

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

@amtechs, one possibility I could think is that your template is using different columns than the default’s ones. I think the default Customer, account login page is one column. If you are not using one column, then you need to change the template in customer.xml.

Likely the fatal error is caused by the wrong template.

Magento Community
Magento Community

amtechs

Powell, Ohio

Thanks for the quick reply.  I am new to Magento so I am working out the fundamentals right now.

Maybe you have a quick response for this:

I have downloaded the free Linen theme and started manipulating it.  All my pages reflect that theme BUT the New Customer still reflect the “Magento Demo Store”
Where do I change so, that my other pages reflect that theme also?

I thought the default changes (under System - Configuration - Design) would’ve changed those.

~scratching head~

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Sorry, I don’t know. I never work on the Linen theme and don’t know what template it uses. As suggested above, customer.xml is the place I will look into.
You probably will get the answer by contacting the theme author.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community