Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Getting the ‘pending’ Status for reviews

schmelzgeist

Total Posts:  92
Marzipane World Capital (Lübeck, Germany)

i display only the ‘short’ review, but it seems that, when you have no review at all and you are clicking the link, submit a review, then returning to the page with the products, the link has vanished, while the review is under consideration (status: pending), after it is approved , the correct link reappears. since i never anticipated that behaviour i have never tested for it.

<?php if($_product->getRatingSummary()): ?>
            <?php 
echo'<div class="link-cart">'$this->helper('review/product')->getSummaryHtml($_product,'short').'</div>' ?>
          <?php 
else: ?>
           <?php 
echo'<div class="link-cart">'$this->helper('review/product')->getSummaryHtml($_product,'short',true).'</div>' ?>
          <?php 
endif; ?>

this is working in catalog/product/view.phtml, though

but not in catalog/product/list.phtml

Question is how can i test for pending smile, or what should i write instead of ‘$_product->getRatingSummary()’? have no clue right now.

help appreciated smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

schmelzgeist

Total Posts:  92
Marzipane World Capital (Lübeck, Germany)

*nudge* sorry to bump this again, but its something that irks me to no end.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community