Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Replacing header content with flash

Peter71

Total Posts:  3

I have a client that wants me to port their current store over to Magento, before doing a redesign, and their current cart has a large flash banner for the header. I have searched for a way to do this on these forums but have not found anything that is as extensive as I need.

Here is a link to a solution that is close:

Flash in place of logo

And here is the code sample that blueben created:

<div class="header"
<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('store_switcher'?> 
<h1 id="logo">
    <
a href="<?php echo $this->getUrl('') ?>">
    <
object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="115" height="115" id="****" align="middle"
<
param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> 
<
param name="movie" value="<?php echo $this->getSkinUrl('images/movie.swf')?>" /> 
<
param name="quality" value="high" /> 
<
param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /> 
<
embed src="<?php echo $this->getSkinUrl('images/movie.swf')?>" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="115" height="115" name="****" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /> 
</
object>
    </
a>
</
h1>
<
div class="headerlinks-bar"><?php echo $this->getLayout()->getBlock('header')->getWelcome() ?><?php echo $this->getLayout()->createBlock('cms/block')->setBlockId('header_links')->toHtml() ?></div
<
div class="navbar"><?php echo $this->getChildHtml('topMenu'?></div
</
div>

Basically what I need are forthe topLinks or header_links ot float above the header flash element, and for the flash element to span the width of the whole banner.  Finally, I need the navigation to rest directly below the flash banner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in this.  I have tried moving the div tags around and adjusting the CSS but it doesn’t seem to work at all for me.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community