Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock’ (2)

mtec

Total Posts:  6

I have the install screen up finally LOL , so then I receive this error.
Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock’ (2)
I tried changing mysqli to pdo_mysql in the config.xml file, and replaced the
Mysql.php: lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php
Mysqli.php: lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php
Not sure if this was the right plan of attack, but found the info/files within another thread, but I’m still receiving the error shut eye

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mtec

Total Posts:  6

Well after waiting for some advice/direction on this matter, I realized none was coming excaim
So I banged my head against it for a while, then I found out the above solution didn’t help “jack”
What I worked out and was reminded of was the /var/www directory within OpenBSD is “chroot” by default, this means super secure from install.
The MySQL database was pointed at the “localhost” within the install process of Magento, it needed to be pointed at the address [127.0.0.1] because it cannot see any higher then /var/www.
I know this is a big ask but can some people tell me what OS there using to install on and host on question
Is anybody using OpenBSD question
Either way I “Dig it”

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community