Magento Forum

how to migrate magento from one server to another server

roshangmail

Total Posts:  29

my assumption for migrating any cms from one working server to another is

1.excecute the .sql query from working server to new server with same database.
2.copy all the working files and directories to new server.

And the cms work must function but its different in magentoo
i get some errors like

Notice: Undefined index:  0 in C:\wamp\www\magento_live\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Mysql4\Config.php on line 108
Trace:
#0 C:\wamp\www\magento_live\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Mysql4\Config.php(108): mageCoreErrorHandler(8, ‘Undefined index...’, ‘C:\wamp\www\mag...’, 108, Array)
#1 C:\wamp\www\magento_live\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Config.php(200): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Config->loadToXml(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config))
#2 C:\wamp\www\magento_live\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(208): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#3 C:\wamp\www\magento_live\app\Mage.php(404): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#4 C:\wamp\www\magento_live\app\Mage.php(423): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#5 C:\wamp\www\magento_live\index.php(40): Mage::run()
#6 {main}

after defining the local.xml file with correct database name and a good privilage ....

can anyone knows how to migrate magentoo without any error.???

thank you in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Refugnic

Total Posts:  27
Lichtenfels

I’m having the exact same issue, even though for me a plain ‘clean install’ won’t do.

For some reason I don’t really get a good connection to Magento Connect from the server, but from my MAMP on localhost. (It takes forever to do anything, really)

And the OSCommerce Conversion doesn’t work at ALL on the server (again, reasons unknown, works great on Localhost).

So now I have a nice database, everything working fine, products showing up great...but all on the local machine.

Aaaalright. Here’s what I did to get it to work. (Yup, it does work, so better write it down)
First: Create a default installation package (no big deal, right?)
Second: Copy all the images from media/ (namely the ‘catalog folder’) to the remote server.
Third: Install the default package. Use the SAME code as you did for the local installation.

That’s it for the files.

Next create a backup under System -> Backup.

Open the Backup file (it’s in the .gz format)

Import the file into the remote database (it will basically recreate the entire database)

Change the paths for the ‘unsecure/secure’ in core_config_data to whatever you set it to (remote IP)

Finally go to your stores and set the ‘root category’ to the one you imported. Somewhat simple, huh?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ogray

Total Posts:  18

Here is a Magento article - http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/moving_magento_to_another_server

I find it a bit complicated, so I used Cart2Cart - to migrate to another server.

1. Fresh magento installation configured on new host
2. Migration configured through Cart2Cart service, bridge files uploaded
3. Performed migration
4. Moved theme files, configured Store View etc

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community