Magento Forum

Tax - Include In Original Product Price and not Adda again at checkout

mathawker

Total Posts:  9

Hi Guys,

Currently have setup My Tax Rules etc and I am Looking to have the Tax included in Price as most people are.

But the problems im having is the tax is being added again at checkout eg.

Subtotal $ 378.00
Shipping & Handling (Flat Rate - Fixed) $ 10.00
Tax $ 38.80
Grand Total $ 426.80

Where is in the instance above the Tax is already included in the subtotal and shipping etc so should be based on that.

Is there just a simple setting that I have to turn on has been driving me crazy looking for what im doing wrong here.

Here are some of my settings if it helps.

1-SALES -> Tax -> Manage Tax Rules:
Retail Customer | Taxable Good | Rate 1

2-SALES -> Tax -> Manage Tax Rates:
Australia | * | * 10.0 ( so set to 10% for GST in Australia)

3-SALES -> Tax -> Customer Tax Classes:
Retail Customer

4-SALES -> Tax -> Product Tax Classes:
Taxable Goods | Shipping

5- Products -> Pricing
Each Product Set to Taxable Goods as Tax Class

6- System Menu -> Configuration -> Sales ->
- Tax Based On: Shipping Address
- Catalog prices include tax : NO
- Apply Tax After Discount: YES

Cheers,

Mat

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

olleeollee

Total Posts:  5

I’d like to bump this, this seems pretty essential…

Magento Community
Magento Community

russell2pi

Total Posts:  31

Ok, I just had a fiddle. Set Tax Based on : Shipping Origin (and my store is set to Australia), Catalog Prices include tax: YES.  This way seems to work correctly in that catalogue prices as I entered them are taken to include tax, and this tax is calculated and displayed correctly on the order summary. However, in the order summary it lists unit prices and unit subtotals exclusive of tax, which is not what Australians are used to.

It would be good to have an option for “Order subtotals include Tax” as well as an option to replace the word “Tax” with any other word.

If this doesn’t get fixed by the developers I might eventually get around to having a crack myself. For now I’m not charging GST so it won’t be a priority.

Note also that if the GST is 10% on all items, you are legally allowed to simply quote the GST-inclusive price along with a statement that “total includes GST” or similar. This could be an easy temporary solution—simply leave all tax rates at zero and Magento will not mention tax at all. Then add the “GST inclusive” statement to templates. (See http://www.ato.gov.au/businesses/content.asp?doc=/content/50913.htm&page;=1#P38_2053 )

Magento Community
Magento Community

olleeollee

Total Posts:  5

russell2pi - 07 August 2008 07:42 PM

It would be good to have an option for “Order subtotals include Tax” as well as an option to replace the word “Tax” with any other word.

Yes, this would be ideal. Having “Tax” there instead of “GST” looks very American!

Can anybody advise on how this can be changed?

russell2pi - 07 August 2008 07:42 PM

Note also that if the GST is 10% on all items, you are legally allowed to simply quote the GST-inclusive price along with a statement that “total includes GST” or similar. This could be an easy temporary solution—simply leave all tax rates at zero and Magento will not mention tax at all. Then add the “GST inclusive” statement to templates. (See http://www.ato.gov.au/businesses/content.asp?doc=/content/50913.htm&page;=1#P38_2053 )

This might have to be a bit of a stopgap solution....

Thanks for your input, Russell.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community