Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Base URL and Main Page Products

Vanhail

Total Posts:  15

I am thinking these are pretty basic questions, but digging around the admin panel has netted me nothing so far.

1.  My base URL is wrong, their is an extra forward slash after index.php, so whenever Magento wants to send someone to the main page they just get sent to a file that says “No input file specified”.

2.  How do I get categories to show on the main page, or any products? I haven’t seen a way to do that.

Thanks in advance…

EDIT: I am using the PHP5 CGI binary BTW.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Vanhail

*bump*

Anyone have an idea?

Magento Community
Magento Community

clorne

Total Posts:  236
London

You can check these out

1) Go to admin—System->configuration->web->Unsecure and Secure
2) Make sure your categories as listed under Catalog->Manage Categories are in the same Root Category as listed under System->Manage Stores->Store Name->Root Category

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vanhail

Holy crap, I was just messing around changing the root folders of stores / categories, now the whole site is botched. Every page comes up as a 404 error, geez. Anyone ever have this happen? Kind of scares me if I can render my site irreparable through a few changes on the admin panel.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community