Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

please have Magento auto convert ‘&’ to ‘& a m p;’

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

I know this is doable as I see it in other system smile

It’s annoying to have validator warns me this:

Line 364, Column 137: cannot generate system identifier for general entity “t_8525_1.jpg”.

…6319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/A/t/At&t_8525_1.jpg” width="135" height="135" a

but it’s even more annoying for the validator tells me this is an error when I know it’s not.

Line 364, Column 137: general entity “t_8525_1.jpg” not defined and no default entity.

…6319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/A/t/At&t_8525_1.jpg” width="135" height="135" a

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Chinesedream, please post this in the Bug Tracker as an enhancement. thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Adi , sure! I will do that now.

Didn’t want to do it as it’s not really a bug and I didn’t want to abuse bug report system LOL 
Glad to know I can report it as an enhancement.

update:
Sorry, Adi, but there is no appropriate category for me to report this in the Bug tracking.

This issue isn’t affect the Magento system at all. It’s just that when store owner enter product info, and if a ‘&’ is not typed in ‘& a-m-p;’ than W3C validator reported it first as warning, following next as an error.

I had the simple data loaded and the warning is from your default store product description.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community