Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Required fields in configurable products

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Ok, I have two issues with required fields in configurable products.

1. In IE7 if you try to add to cart without selecting size it gives you an Error: ‘productAddToCartForm’ is undefined but if you do the same action in Firefox it displays the This is a required field. message.
2. I am having the hardest time keeping the required field message from sending the Add to Cart button all over the page.  Does anyone have an idea?

These magento messages are beginning to get on my nerves.  They’re very difficult to modify as they’re pulled from the depths of who knows where.

Example link: http://www.minervapromotions.com/gladrag/i-heart-la-design-by-john-doe.html/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Agent Mo

Total Posts:  51

Hi sherrie,

have you installed the Firebug extension in Firefox? With that you can trace the problem. It has a build in Javascript debugger.

If I choose S for example I get:

Discount Codes
Enter your coupon code if you have one.

Estimate Shipping and Tax

Seems, that this is the right page - isn’t it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Waterloo, ON

Yes I have installed Firebug and no that is not the right page.  But thank you. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Agent Mo

No problem. smile

I’m new on Magento - so I have to dive into the code first to help you more. May be another member could help you…

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Waterloo, ON

I’m not completely out of ideas yet either, just beginning to feel like I’m banging my head against a brick wall and I hear that’s not too healthy. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Agent Mo

Same here - Magento isn’t easy as it seems smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community