Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento will not add products

kpjuni

Total Posts:  9

I goto add a product. put in all the information for the product. click add product. and it brings up the little window that says please wait. and stays there forever and never adds the product.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Agent Mo

Total Posts:  51

What Magento version do you have?
What are your browser settings? JS enabled?

Edit:

What server type do you have?
How is your PHP config?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kpjuni

Total Posts:  9

magento version 1.0, JS is enabled. everything else in magento works. that is the only thing that doesnt work.
server type and php config. not sure, magento was a server side ready application.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Agent Mo

Total Posts:  51

You could show the PHP info with die function phpinfo() - so create a PHP file and drop the line:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Maybe it is a memory problem. What does the server error log say?

PS. I had sometimes the same problem. Product specs were not dropped in the database fully. I broke up and then tried it again. Then it worked.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community