Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Best UK Payment method? 

MKJones

Total Posts:  1

Hi everyone smile

What would you recommended as the best payment method for a UK based (GBP) site?

WorldPay seems expensive with its small business fee?
PayPal are OK but I’ve read some horror stories?

I’ve never really used any others. I guess what I really want to know is what’s the most cost effective and simplest to use with Magento!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

Obviously it depends on your business, but Protx (protx.com) would be worth looking into.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tim Deeson

Total Posts:  16
UK

We’ve haven’t done any custom Protx work but we have integrated it on a Magento site before without any problems.

We are just finishing a SECPay / MetaCharge payment module (www.paypoint.net) , we’ve been partners with them for a while. They have pretty good rates and good customer service, might be worth a look.

I’ve read and experienced PayPal horror stories and always steer well clear for anything but the smallest sites.

Thanks

Tim

Magento Community
Magento Community

www.Bleckfield.com

Total Posts:  1

Tim,
Did you complete the payment module for SecNEt/Paypoint?
This is the one thing stopping implementation of magento within our organisation.
Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tim Deeson

Total Posts:  16
UK

Hi

Yes the module is now completed and available on Magento Connect.

Thanks

Tim

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

WorldPay fan here.

Used to be with Barclays ShitePDQ. Anything ClearCommerce engine based, don’t touch it!

WorldPay is great, though they didn’t do particularly well with their migration but it’s all settled now.

I’ll be toying with the Magento WorldPay plugin over the next weeks to see it uses all possible WorldPay features I need.

Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington

Total Posts:  143

J.T. - 08 August 2008 03:05 AM

WorldPay fan here.

Used to be with Barclays ShitePDQ. Anything ClearCommerce engine based, don’t touch it!

ARG, thats not what I wanted to hear, one of my clients is asking me to integrate their site with their merchant account which is Barclays running on the clearcommerce engine.

Can I ask whats wrong with it? Should I be advising my client to go down a different route although I dont think they will because I think their already setup with that system for their offline sales.

Magento Community
Magento Community

freeyourmobile

Total Posts:  20

I would recommend Barclays with Sagepay (used to be Protx) and don’t be frightened to barter with them we have a few sites and regularly quote cheaper merchant rates.
Worldpay are a good start up but very expensive rates and very one sided in experience with chargebacks at least barclays help you worldpay in experience just take the money off you and charge you for the priveledge avoid.
Paypal are very good at identifying fraud sit on the payment for a couple of days and they will root out the bad ones.

Magento Community
Magento Community

edmondscommerce
Guru

Total Posts:  342

I always recommend Sage Pay

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

medlington - 23 November 2009 06:17 AM

J.T. - 08 August 2008 03:05 AM
WorldPay fan here.

ARG, thats not what I wanted to hear, one of my clients is asking me to integrate their site with their merchant account which is Barclays running on the clearcommerce engine.

Can I ask whats wrong with it? Should I be advising my client to go down a different route although I dont think they will because I think their already setup with that system for their offline sales.

Only just read this. For what it’s worth, as a developer you won’t have many problems. As a merchant, it’s a pain in the arse. A lot of logging in to their system to process orders. Something you don’t have to do with WorldPay.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magento Development

Total Posts:  18

Sage Pay provides a range of services allowing you to process secure credit and debit card payments online, over the telephone or via mail order.

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  901

Ok so Sagepay have officially become awful. With massive downtimes.

Looking for alternatives for ALL current sagepay integrations.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

elfling - 06 December 2010 11:47 AM

Ok so Sagepay have officially become awful. With massive downtimes.

Looking for alternatives for ALL current sagepay integrations.

Yes, it’s a real shame. They have been a good payment gateway with little downtime and good customer service but since the recent ‘upgrade’ things have taken a definite turn for the worse.

The fact it has been down for about 2 hours on what is one of the busiest days of the year for most retailers in the UK has been a final straw for many.

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  901

Got any ideas on who else to go with?

Been looking at a few now.
eway.co.uk are rather pricey.
Securetrading.com seem a bit better

Magento Community
Magento Community

Darren Grant

Total Posts:  84

totalwebsoloutions looks ok they have a magento payment module.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chrisandy

Total Posts:  92

Do the problems experienced refer to Sagepay GO or a different version of Sagepay? I\’m really finding it difficult to find the right solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2