Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Promotion of price reduction is not shown although active - after update of a block or a page

bombo

Total Posts:  32

Hello,

I set up a promotion based on product name to reduce the price.
every-now-and-then I assume after I make changes the promotion is suddenly gone (from the customer’s view)
in the admin it is still there and active, but the customer does not see the strike through old price and the new.

Is that a known issue?
Any suggestion for a fix?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

If you click the ‘Apply Rules’ button - do you see the special prices then?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bombo

Yes,
But the problem that after a while or a day or an update the Special price disappears - I then go to promotion see it there that is active and need to “apply rules” in order to re-activate the promotion. So every-now-and-then the Special Price disappears and needs to be reactivated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@bombo: take a look here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/1203/#t5638

Magento Community
Magento Community

bombo

OK, changes applied, I will track this in the following days.

Another small issue the € (Euro sign) in i-explorer if Gibrish - How can I make it look normal? (besides the user changing to UTF8).
Another one is the Pages with same name, I mentioned that when i apply this fix then the system cannot find the 404 page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

For euro sign see this thread: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/1151/#t5841

Regarding the pages with same name, i think it’s better to wait for next release, few related bugs were fixed.
Also much code was changed since then, and I’m not sure that fixes based on my code will work on yours.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community