Magento Forum

Size options with differing prices

pete

Total Posts:  4

Maybe I’m missing it. I’ll admit to spend just a half hour or so snooping around, but in the demo there were shirts and shoes, but no way to specify a size.

That would be great, but not practical. “one size fits all” might work with tube socks, but not tee shirts or sneakers.

Without getting into the “matrix” mode with size/color/style all in the mix, just a simple here is one product, but it comes in S, M L, XL for $ 19.95, XXL for $ 21.95 and XXXL for $ 23.95. All under one sku with the size added in the order.

And not the traditional $ 19.95 for the regular sizes and +2.00 for XXL and + $ 4.00 for the XXXL, but the real price, not a plus (or minus) from the main stated price.

As I said, this may be possible now and I’ve overlooked it, but the demo just shows the items as one-size-fits-all.

I don’t even want to complicate things with quantity discounts, let alone Mix or Match of the same general product for a mixed count to qualify for a quantity discount. That would be wonderful, but to start just the basic regular price, XXL price, XXXL price.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Administrator

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Take a look at the configurable product screencast - that should help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pete

Thanks. The screencast did not use different prices, all the same. But I’ll play with it some and see what come up.

I’ve got about 500 items, virtually all with 4 to 6 size/price choices.

How much of this can be done on a PC and uploaded and how much of the options will have to be “done by hand” within the application?

As an old hand with magnetos (Wico & American Bosch plus the proprietary Briggs & Stratton and Clinton and such) I guess I can make this one work, as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Travis

Total Posts:  125

Take a look at this demo product, and you’ll see how what you requested works:

http://demo.magentocommerce.com/catalog/product/view/s/cn-clogs-beach-garden-clog/id/83/category/5/

Magento Community
Magento Community

pete

Thanks, I can see I’ll have to play some. I’d like to not have a base price show at all, or a list of the various sizes and prices show on the main product listing and then have the “real price” show in the option window, not a plus or minus type thingie.

Here’s how it is now - http://www.arlingtonpta.onlinefundevent.org/

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Administrator

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Check out the grouped product screencast - that may be your answer

http://www.magentocommerce.com/media/screencasts/grouped-products/view

Magento Community
Magento Community

HarryM

Total Posts:  40

Hi there

pete - 26 October 2007 07:14 PM

Without getting into the “matrix” mode with size/color/style all in the mix, just a simple here is one product, but it comes in S, M L, XL for $ 19.95, XXL for $ 21.95 and XXXL for $ 23.95. All under one sku with the size added in the order.

And not the traditional $ 19.95 for the regular sizes and +2.00 for XXL and + $ 4.00 for the XXXL, but the real price, not a plus (or minus) from the main stated price.

Did you have any luck with this?  I need to do the same thing with blanket sizes: Single, Double, King Size, Super King etc all with multiple colour options and each with its own price. But I also want to show individual lead times for each item. ("In Stock, Low Stock, Out of Stock” “2 weeks wait” etc.  Perhaps I’m asking too much even of Magento? The nearest thing i can find is here
product Matrix but of course we need indidual prices too…

I’m new to the forum and althouigh i’ve spent several hours looking might have missed the answer if it’s elsewhere…

I would really appreciate some pointers / help!

Thanks
Harry

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community