Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Shipping cost, what’s it used for? 

MageParts
Guru

Total Posts:  415

Yo, I’ve been developing a new shipping module for a client, ran into some problems though. I’ve noticed that there is a Shipping Price aswell as there is a Shipping Cost. I’ve gotten not clue if shipping cost is used anywhere, I placed a test order where I raised the shipping cost to 3k, no such information should up on either the front och back though. And when I checked the source code for the flat rate module I noticed that the same price was used for both shipping price and shipping cost. Is this an unecessary parameter or is it just there in case shipping price is 0?

Thanks for the attention =)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

I didn’t include the Shipping Cost in my module and it works fine.  I think it’s for if you want to charge more than the method costs (like for handling) but on the backend you want to keep track of the actual cost.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageParts
Guru

Total Posts:  415

Maybe, seems weird though that it doesn’t add anything anywhere. Thanks for your replay though =)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community