Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Make the primary image I upload be the Base Image AND Small Image? 

Nitai

Total Posts:  9

I’m trying to find the information in the database that controls whether or not an image is used as a base image, small image, and thumbnail.

I had added pictures as just a base image only and did not have a small image due to resizing issues, but I have since then fixed the resizing issues and now I would like to flag the images to be used as a small image.

I was wondering if there is a quick way to do this? Such as changing a property in the database very quickly?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Nitai

Would really like some help on finding out how to do this. If it was my question that was hard to understand I’ll try to rephrase.

There is a radio button on each product that enables a Base Image and Small Image.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee263/Vindicoth/radiobuttons.jpg

I’m trying to find the property in the SQL Database that enables the Small Image so I can spare myself some time without having to manually change over 400 products.

Is there a quick way to do this? Can anyone help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

I’m not aware of a way to do it other than manually changing each one.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nitai

Well there HAS to be something in the database controlling that, otherwise it wouldn’t know whether its on or off. I don’t think there is any other way to flag the picture to use it as a thumbnail other than that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

artesiandesign

Total Posts:  11
Riverside, CA, USA

I’m trying to do the same thing.

Unfortunately, I had an employee upload an image for a ton of products, but I failed to notice that the default for uploaded images is to not be the base, small and thumbnail. Now I need to change the single image on each product to base, small and thumbnail.

I tried going into the database (PHPmyAdmin) but couldn’t find the settings where you’d expect to find them (catalog_product_entity_media_gallery_value).

Anybody figure this out yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

I use one image for all three fields. When I imported my products, I just repeated the same filename in all three columns.
So to fix it you might export your product, copy the name over to the other columns and then import it back.

Magento Community
Magento Community

m@te

Total Posts:  7

Did someone solve this problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

m@te

Total Posts:  7

Hi,
I solved this problem.

Information about images are in this table : catalog_product_entity_varchar.

In this table each pruduct has same rows.
We are interested in these which has value 70, 71 and 72 (in my case attribute_id 70 = image, 71 = small_image, 72 = thumbnail) in attribute_id column and entity_id is our product SKU.
Then in column value is path to the image or “no_selection”

You have to swap “no_selection” for path to the image.

example:
UPDATE `catalog_product_entity_varchar` SET `value` = ‘/A/S/AS20one-02_snimek.jpg’ WHERE `catalog_product_entity_varchar`.`value_id` =15878

I hope, it helped you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community