Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

…Ordering for several stores? 

ddum

Total Posts:  6

Basically, i am looking for a package for “Internal orders”.

A chain of store will place their orders to their central logistics central. However, we need to be able to have a “class” of users that is able to place orders for _any_ store. In other words, if for instance a customer calls in an order, we need to be able to process and put in an order for that customer.

So, Can Megento do this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

If I understand you correctly, you are basically looking for call-center functionality for a number of web stores/websites that are all fed to a centralized fulfillment facility. If this is the case, then yes magento should meet your needs. You can create a role and user permissions for a group that only accepts orders. When someone calls in an order, that operator can login and create orders for the customer from and website/webstore configured for that specific magento installation. Also, if the customer is having problems ordering, the operator can also troubleshoot by viewing the customers real-time shopping cart contents, order history and perhaps even placing a reorder for the customer. Also, all payment methods and shipping methods would be available as well. I hope I’ve answered your question.

Dan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community