Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Cleaning up after a Module

punkstar

Total Posts:  27
Bath, UK

From my experiences so far developing modules for Magento it has become clear that Magento stores some information about your module and cache’s information about your module in some places within the database.

Is there anyway to wipe the database of all knowledge of your module’s existance, reverting the database back to what it looked like before the module was installed?

..or am I wrong and nothing is stored in the database about the module?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Oldgamer

Total Posts:  142

I don’t want to hijack this thread, just want to add that Magento need some cleaning procedure build in after I read some post of how fast database grows storing a thousands records of visitors links. Also I found a lot of tmp files in var/tmp folder and I am sure I can delete all of them. var/cache folder also needs cleaning. The thing is it would be so much easier if I will know what folders can have temporary files, what tables can be truncated safely, and of course it would be nice to have cron job to clean all mess and save some space.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community