Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Listing CMS pages

maarlin

Total Posts:  8

Hi,
how can I put to HomePage (for example to 2columns-right.phtml) some list of CMS Pages (the pages, which I created in Admin > CMS > Manage Pages - /admin/cms_page/ ) ?
For example I have 3 “CMS Pages” - Home,Contants,Spedition. This list of CMS pages may be modified. So I want to have at my shop homepage at Frontend something like this:

<ul>
 <
li><a href="/home">Home</a></li>
 <
li><a href="/contacts">Contacts</a></li>
 <
li><a href="/spedition">Spedition</a></li>
</
ul>

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

faloco

Total Posts:  32

Yes! I am looking something similar. I suppose that we must edit the layouts and templates, but don’t know if we can or how to do it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

maarlin

Total Posts:  8

faloco - 13 July 2008 11:36 PM

Yes! I am looking something similar. I suppose that we must edit the layouts and templates, but don’t know if we can or how to do it.

I can edit layouts also templates, but it isn’t solve - I don’t need static URL links to CMS Pages, I need dynamic menu with links to CMS Pages. So if I add some new CMS Page, I want the new link to be at this dynamic menu (without any editing templates or layouts).
I think it is possible, but I don’t know how.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

Total Posts:  179

One work around that we are considering is setting up categories and subcategories in the catalog and setting those categories to static block only and then putting the content in a static block and assigning the static block to the category. Then those categories will appear in the dynamic menu.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community