Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Delayed back-order processing? 

cpaschen

Total Posts:  1

I need a cart that can handle customer orders for multiple products where one of the products may be out-of-stock. I need the system to charge and process the in-stock products, but create a back-order for the out-of-stock item. Then, when the item is back instock, that the product is processed (and here’s the kicker), the back-ordered product is THE CHARGED (not at the time of order).

This (and multiple tax rates) are the only 2 required features that I need for this client and I can’t find any cart that has these (and I can’t find much in detail about Magento to answer this question).

Thanks for any help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Back order functionality is not fully implemented in the most recent version of Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scuba

Total Posts:  25
Montreal, QC, Canada

OK… So… Nowadays… Is there a way in Magento to deal with back orders as explained above? In other words, in the back admin, having the ability to show 5 items “ordered” but only 2 invoiced and shipped; with 3 in “back order” status (and invoiced when it will shipped)?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sergy

Total Posts:  13

For Nowadays:
you go to admin panel
system->Configuration->Catalog->inventory->Product Stock Options
Where you can manage Backorder properties.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vijay Sharma

Total Posts:  22

Any Luck with this topic? Please let me know. Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community