Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

which version of magento works with the sample store ?????? 

number25

Total Posts:  64

I would like to know which version of magento works with the sample store because I made a database and populated it wit the sample .sql . I then added the catalog file to the media folder. But everytime I view the store, the store front looks fine but if I click on any links I get this error

Not Found

The requested URL /magento/nine-west-women-s-lucero-pump.html was not found on this server.

and it does that for every link i click. Someone help me please smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

netjet

Total Posts:  19

Hi,
fo
You just have to follow the explanations in the dowload section.
sample data 1.0.19870 for magento same version
first you have to execute the SQL query and after to copy the sample date in the specified folder.

Magento Community
Magento Community

number25

Total Posts:  64

Well how I am installing it isn’t the problem. I think im installing it correctly. this is how I did it, correct me if I am wrong....

I downloaded sample data first

created a database and imported the sql tables into the database

I then downloaded magento. The latest version (The sample data was released at the sametime as the magento application. they both are the latest)

After i downloaded magento I put the folders that are inside of sample data media folder and placed it into magento media folder

Then I installed the program. while going through the wizard i directed magento to the database I filled previously

after installation I go to the front page and everything looks fine

But if i click on any link. any link at all. it leads to this error

Not Found

The requested URL /magento/poll/vote/add/poll_id/1/ was not found on this server.

When i don’t use the sample data I at least get a pretty interface that says the page cant be displayed. but when i install the sample data I get a white screen with the error message above. Im not exactly sure what the problem is. I downloaded every version of magento. I downloaded locally and on my server and its not working. anyone have any suggestions at all ????

Magento Community
Magento Community

Golden Balls Officer

Total Posts:  5

you either have mod_rewrite disabled, .htaccess disabled (or limited by AllowOverride) or your .htaccess needs a small change:

change
RewriteRule .* /index.php [L]
to
RewriteRule .* index.php [L]

and please stop using multiple question marks. it makes you look retarded smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community