Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Logo Positioning (CSS Question)

OurWorldTalks

Total Posts:  60

Hi

I’m pretty new to CSS, but looking at Magento CSS stylesheets, the organisation is pretty neat. However, it is a little complex for me, I think this should be a simple question: How can we position the logo, which the bottom of the logo is aligned exactly to the top of the navigation bar?

I looked through and edit boxes.css, but even with margin set to all 0px, it still doesn’t align. There has got to be some other borders, or padding, but I can’t seem to find it.

h1#logo {
float:left;
width:202px;
margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;
}

I can get it to align, if i set margin of h1#logo to negative values. But something must be wrong if I do it this way issn’t?
Could someone guide me on this? Much appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

OurWorldTalks

Total Posts:  60

Bump^
Please help

Magento Community
Magento Community

kingkao

Total Posts:  50
Toronto

Should provide link to the site

Magento Community
Magento Community

nmcEcommerce

Total Posts:  3
Slatersville, Rhode Island

Using a negative value is not necessarily a bad thing. As long as the logo is in the right position you should be all set. That is how I would fix that problem and I have been writing CSS for years.

Add a link to the site so we can see what you are up too…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community