Magento Forum

Repeat 2 items on all pages

Michal_s

Total Posts:  111
The Netherlands

I’m new to magento (i think that this is the opening line for 80% of the posts here rasberry )

I have read the complete designers manual, and got to say that i love the way magento works. Al tough it will take me some time to addapt.

What i would like is the following

|--|-----|--|
|--|-----|--|
|--|-----|--|
|--|-----|--|

Basicaly i want to colms to be visible on every page, i got it working on 2 colums-right, but i would like it to show on every page, these two div’s overlay the complete site, lets say like a casing. they got z-index: 999;

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michal_s

Total Posts:  111
The Netherlands

Ok i got it working but maybe that there is a better way, if so just let me know:

in page/html/header.phtml i added my code. since the divs got position fixed they are placed in every page in the right place.

//edit: I see that this doesnt work correctly, i have hardcoded the url to the images in the columns like skin/default/default/images but now when you browse trough the category they disapear because the path isnt correct anymore…

//edit2: i have used a work arround, by adding <?php echo $this->getUrl('') ?> before the image path, but i dont think that this is the best way.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community