Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“Call to buy” Product that cannot be bought online. Easy to do? 

pritch20001

Total Posts:  63

Hi,

Would it be easy to have a product that cannot be bought online and instead has “Call xxx to buy”. The add to cart button must not appear…

I can’t think of an easy way to do this, if you can please let me know!

Cheers,
Joe

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

oldskool73

Total Posts:  9

Hi,

I think you’d want to create a new attribute, e.g ‘ring_to_buy’, make it a yes/no, then add it to an attribute set, and set ‘ring_to_buy’ to true on your ring to buy products.

Then you’ll need to add a check for this custom property and not render the add to cart button, you could add a custom product helper for that and call it in your template, or extend the controller or you could perhaps even do it with a custom layout. Either way you’ll have to get under the hood a bit for this.

Alternatively, as a hack could you just set the stock to be 0 (so the add to cart won’t appear) and change your out of stock message to say ‘please ring to buy...’ ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

pritch20001

Total Posts:  63

Don’t know if this was the best way but I simply put a php if price isn’t equal to £0.00 display add to basket, else display call for info. In list.phtml and view.phtml

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

Could you please share the exact code for this feature? Your solution could be interesting for other Magento users as well. Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

oxygen

Total Posts:  69

This is an interesting feature. Appreciate if you could kindly share the code here.

Thank you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community