Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento keep the cart items separate for each website under one Admin panel? 

Shrinklady

Total Posts:  1

Hello, I’m am so relieved at finding Magento. I’ve been looking for a solution like this for a long time. But I do have one concern. I’m a dropshipper and I need to keep the cart items separate for each website due to the shipping costs. You see, if the cart pulls items across three websites, I would have to cover the shipping cost from two separate companies and the customer would cover costs from one company. That would eat into my profit considerably.

In other words, I plan to have one website for one company’s products. Customers would not be able to transfer their cart items to the other websites. I understand that the stores could share the cart and this would be fine because items would all come fromt the same company.

Let me know if I haven’t been clear in this question.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

You can accomplish this with creating multiple websites (not stores).  Multiple stores within a website will share the same cart but multiple websites will not.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bholeckoasc

Total Posts:  3

What if setting them up as websites is not an option?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community