Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

CPU 100% on Some page requests

Tezza

Total Posts:  4

Hi. I have been working on a site for the past 3 weeks and have got to the final stage and have begun testing the site from a customers perspective. I have to say that its not good. On most configrable products the server is topping out at 100% CPU. Simple products and general navigation is fine.

Club Shop is the site. selecting the shirts is fine clicking the rain jacket with many more sizes takes upwards of 10-15.

I am due to go live Monday. Am I missing something or should I just continue to investigate the queries?

TIA.

Terry.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Maybe you can check this article: http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/performance-is-key-notes-on-magentos-performance/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tezza

Total Posts:  4

Hi Thanks for the reply. I will look at those.

But In the mean time I have reduced the load times down to a few seconds or less. It seems that I had to remove all the associated products from the configurable item, then save the product and re-add them back and save again. It took the load time for one product from 35 seconds to 2. Don’t know why and have no time to investigate. But what a relief.

Thanks

Terry.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

I’m not sure, but maybe you can check your tables health.
Use, into Mysql, a reindex, repair and other tools that maybe can help you if you got, for example, many transactions.

Maybe you can configure APC to get a cache a see a perfomance immprovment.

At this moment, and with this information, I’m not sure about other tip.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

What Magento version is this ?
Did you upgrade or started development on the same version it is now ?
Did you create the configurable products in older version (before upgrade) ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community