Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

controller

alkarim
Guru

Total Posts:  368

Is there possible to make controller without making new module ?

I just wanna add some page at catalog,… but I got 404 error page not found…

help me

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

alkarim
Guru

just wondering this code at app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/controllers/ProductController.php

public function viewAction() {
    }

what should I hack if I want to change the name of viewAction into timeAction() { }

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

alistek

Total Posts:  293
Normal, IL

You can change the name no problem but you have to find all the instances that call the view action under the product controller and change what they point to, time and not view.

-Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

alkarim
Guru

thanks for your quick reply, but Its what I confusing of,

where is view action under the product controller ?

Anyway I need to add another controller named PharmacyController under catalog module…

This what I make :
1. I make new category name Pharmacy..
2. After they click on Pharmacy category, (see pic)
3. Finally I stuck in here.. Whenever I click on my link, I got 404 Error page not found

any suggestion ?

Image Attachments
Untitled.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

alkarim
Guru

yeah, gotcha

maybe this would help you guys too

URL structure:
https://user:password@host:443/base_path/[base_script][storeview_path]route_name/controller_name/action_name/param1/value1?query_param=query_value#fragment

*       \__________A___________/\____________________________________B_____________________________________/
\__________________C___________________/              \__________________D_________________\_____E_____/
\_____________F______________/                        \___________________________G______________________/
\___________________________________________________H____________________________________________________/
 * - 
Aauthority

* - Bpath

* - Cabsolute_base_url

* - Daction_path

* - Eroute_params

* - Fhost_url

* - Groute_path

* - Hroute_url

enjoy

Magento Community