Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom email at checkout. 

jsrpool

Total Posts:  5

I am trying to send an email to another person other than the customer at checkout. I thought the easiest way to do this would be to splice in a bit of custom php in the success.phtml file. I tried added this at the very end of the file:

<?php mail("mysite.com <orders@mysite.com>""Order Details: Order ID""Flavor:  $giftFlavor\n\nStack Type: $stackType""From: Mysite Back-end<noreply@mysite.com>\r\nX-Mailer: PHP 4.x"); ?>

Whenever I add this file I am directed to the following page instead of success. The code should work as I have tested alone with success.

https://mysite.com/report/?id=1006692955257&s;=default

If this is a php page I don’t understand why this wouldn’t work. How can I go about making this custom php insert work at customer checkout?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

alistek

Total Posts:  293
Normal, IL

Not sure why that might not work and for future reference, copy the backtrace off of the report but it is throwing an problem.  I would take a look at whatever the Magento method of throwing an e-mail and add it to the controller.

$mailTemplate Mage::getModel('core/email_template');

$mailTemplate->addBcc($bcc);

$mailTemplate->setDesignConfig(array('area'=>'frontend''store'=>$this->getStoreId()))
            ->
sendTransactional(

'sales_email/order/template',

'sales_email/order_comment/identity',

$this->getCustomerEmail(),

$customerName,
                array(

'order'         => $this,

'billing'       => $this->getBillingAddress(),

'payment_html'  => $paymentBlock->toHtml(),

'items_html'    => $itemsBlock->toHtml(),
                )
            );

You can use something like that, it is pulled out of Order.php in Sales/Model.  That should get you started.

-Adam

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community