Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Remove block from specific xml! 

vjoxyodo

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I’m currently customizing the customer template xml. My problem is that all the blocks i specified at the catalog.xml show trough all the page and i would like to remove some of them from the customer.xml is there any code that can do this?

This is very important, i’ve tried to build some new things but not with the desired result.

Many thnks for help smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Did you put them within the <default></default> tags in catalog.xml?  If so, try putting them in the specific areas you want them in that document instead of the default.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fourroses

Total Posts:  125

I think im looking for the same:

I have on the acount page double blocks and want to remove some from the left sidebar.
But in the <customer_account_index> XML there is no <reference name="left">

so I think you have to add that and then somehow remove the blocks which you dont want in there.

like there is My Orders block there i’d like to remove but dont know how, anyone?

<EDIT>

I have added this but it doesnt work :(

<reference name="left">
            <
remove name="cart_sidebar"></remove>
            <
remove name="catalog.compare.sidebar"></remove>
            <
remove name="sale.reorder.sidebar"></remove>
        </
reference>