Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

My server does not meet the following requirements in order to install Magento. 

KrishKusuma

Total Posts:  7

The magento-check.php informed that my hosting provider doesn’t meet the system requirements for Magento:

* You need MySQL 4.1.20 (or greater)

But according to my phpinfo() : MySQL Client API version is 5.0.45.

Please what should i do to correct this problem.
I host the site with GoDaddy Hosting Plan. And I also has succesfully install Cs-Cart on the same server.

Thanks

Krish

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

There is a small error in this check, you should be able to install regardless of what it shows your MySQL to be as long as you know it is the correct version.

You can go ahead and run the installation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

Yeah, the problem with the system requirements checker script, is that there’s really no way to pull the MySQL version without executing a shell command. If this has been disabled, it will always tell you your version is wrong even if it’s right. If someone knows of a way to get around this, by all means post, but my research came up with nothing on how to get around this hmmm

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

@KrishKusuma: I suggest you to try and go ahead to install Magento and report back if you have any trouble/problems in installing it. wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

waggette

Total Posts:  5

I experienced the same problems trying to install on my GoDaddy shared Linux hosting plan. I ran the system check script and said everything was fine except for the MySql version needing to be 4.x or higher - I have 5.0. Anyhow, I tried to run the install and each and everytime it just stalls during the install process. I’ve tried from scratch on my hosted server close to 5 times now. I’ve let the install run for great lenghts and nothing. When I close the window it says that there’s a PEAR process running and closing will stop that. When I return to the http://www.mydomain.com/magento/ page to install (after the first window close) it prompts me to start the install. I start the install again, it runs for awhile and stalls. Close that window (same PEAR process message), go back to the mydomain.com/magento/ a second time and I’ve gotten two different scenarios during all my attempts: 1) it gives me the 404 error (I’ve tried all the recommended fixes and contacted godaddy and still no success) or 2) it recognizes that there’s been some install previously done and gives me the option to either continue with the install or reinstall (I’ve tried both with no luck on progressing with the install process).

Any advice?

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Tampa, FL

@ waggette: I will advice you to seek help from your host on whether they can help to assist in the installation or move on to host who is compatible with Magento. wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

waggette

As someone who has been reading posts non-stop since my problems began yesterday, I expected someone (generally a rep from another hosting provider) to provde the solution to switch hosting companies. I know that others have been successful with installing on GoDaddy (sure I’ve ready about potential speed issues), but I’m stubborn and want to be successful installing so that I can play with it first before deciding to uproot to another host.

With that said, I did want to add that when I did the fixes for the php.ini file to rename it as php5.ini and add the code cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1 to the end of the file I received the following error message when I visited mydomain.com/magento/ to try to continue with the install:
Fatal error: Call to a member function append() on a non-object in /home/content/s/i/t/mydomain/html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Install/controllers/WizardController.php on line 66

Any thoughts beyond switching hosts?

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Tampa, FL

Have you tried to delete all the files and re-upload and install?

Magento Community
Magento Community

waggette

About 5 times already.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Tampa, FL

Have you checked the files whether it contains “app/etc” before you uploaded it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

waggette

I downloaded the magento-downloader-1.0.19870.zip version and upon extracting, the app/etc directory is nonexistant. After going through my install efforts (usually after the 2nd round of a full attempt...as I had previosuly described), the app/etc directory is then present.

I’ve read that sometimes the install times out if it’s the larger install version. If this is the case, is there a “smaller” file version that I can download and attempt to install as others have suggested - I can’t decipher what each version is on the magento download page.

I do appreciate your help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Tampa, FL

I will advice you to just download the 1.0.19870.4.zip file. wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

waggette

Ok so I downloaded the recommended zip file for magento, uploaded it, ran into a few crazy things, tried to run the install in IE without success, ran it in Firefox and I’m all installed now!

THANKS A BUNCH!

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Tampa, FL

Great. smile
Remember to showcase your store here when it is ready. wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

SecretSanta

Total Posts:  79

Hi all,

My server now meets the requirements for Magenta, but to achieve this I had to edit the .htaccess file to tell it to use PHP 5 instead of 4.

My host says that I need to include this .htaccess code in every directory for it to work.

Do I only need to put it in the directories below the root directory I am going to use for magento? (i.e. “/shop")

Many thanks smile

Callum

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Tampa, FL

@ callumbush: The .htaccess needs to be placed within your Magento directory.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community