Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

User / Group Access Permissions on Category and Products? 

dbrisinda

Total Posts:  4

Does Magento support user and group access permissions at both category-levels and product-levels?

Best,
Dalmazio

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mirage

Total Posts:  40
Milwaukee, WI

It doesn’t out-of-the-box. But it’s probably doable with some customization. I don’t know how much and frankly am trying to figure it out myself. Some time in the not too distant future I hope to have clear picture of how to get privileges customized in Magento.

Cheers,
-m

Magento Community
Magento Community

dbrisinda

Total Posts:  4

Well we’ve taken the plunge and installed Magento and will begin prototyping shortly. When you do make some inroads on this issue it would be great if you could contact me outlining your approach. If your interested I can do the same.

dbrisinda A T gmail D O T com

Best,
dalmazio

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

dbrisinda - 09 July 2008 04:20 PM

Does Magento support user and group access permissions at both category-levels and product-levels?

Best,
Dalmazio

Hi Dalmazio,

if you are still interested in such functionality, you may consider this extension: http://amasty.com/magento-advanced-permissions.html. It enables you to assign permissions to users for editing products and categories, Magento store-views and websites. No mess when having a lot of users in your store – vendors, category managers, etc – let them see and edit certain categories and products.

Please take a look at the screenshot below to get a proper idea of the extension’s options. Feel free to ask for any details!

Image Attachments
advanced-permissions-magento.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

The following Magento extension offers the required functionality,

FME Restrict Customers Access Extension for Magento

Magento Community