Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“Super” Critical Bug with Up-sells / Cross-sells / Related Products

toman01

Total Posts:  92

There is a bug “going around” which has been discussed in the forum and might even have been submitted into the bug tracking system, but I would like to draw attention to it again as it really needs to be fixed.

The issue is straightforward and occurs with all products that have been created with a custom attribute set with custom attributes, in other words, it does not occur with products created from the default Magento attribute set.

I have attached a picture that shows the issue. Basically all products shown under the “Up-sells, Cross-sells and Related Products tabs” are shown without their “Name”, “ID”, “SKU”, etc.

Only products created with the “Default” attribute set are shown without problems (in case of the illustration provided, the first product only)

Has the Magento team been notified of this?

Have others experienced this bug?

Looking forward to a cure grin

Image Attachments
Magento Admin.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

Total Posts:  344

The cross sells don’t work on here either. It is not my theme as I have a sandbox I play in and it has the demo products in it downloaded from magento. They show fine in the custom theme. Currently version 1.1.4.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SuperZoaker

Total Posts:  3

Same problem, I’m no longer able to add related products, upsells or cross-sells. Noticed it after the 1.1.6 update. Tried it on a simple product without custom options. Color (which I translated) left empty. Don’t know where to look..

Magento Community
Magento Community

toman01

I no longer have the issue. It continued to happen even after I upgraded to the latest version, so I did the following (suggested by another forum member):

Delete any custom attributes that are “multiple select”. After that, simply create it again and that should take care of it.

Of course, just because this worked for me doesn’t mean it will also work for you, but you have nothing to lose.

Also, back up your product info if you have a lot as you will need to enter all the info for that attribute again.

I simply exported all the data prior to applying this fix and then imported it back into Magento after.

Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

toman01

I thought I had it fixed but now it came up again.

I will submit it as a bug.

Hopefully that’ll permanently solve it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

I have 1.1.6 and it appears to be working now. Adding cross-sell items was a bit strange at first try - as it didn’t seem to work when I clicked save, but using save and continue saved it just fine. After that intial save I can click save and it works. Odd.

I didn’t have to delete any custom attributes either.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TheHuntingDynasty

Total Posts:  25

I’m having trouble with my cross and up sells. Nightmare. Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

seudo
Guru

@TheHuntingDynasty - can you explian what problems you are having? And have you tried any of the previous postings solutions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jasso

Total Posts:  8

I’m seeing this error too with the latest release version. Deleting and re-importing will be a major pain. I’m wondering if anyone else has other ideas…

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Luke cp

Total Posts:  11

Hey I had the same error and I found this solution - I had created an arttribute called “format” as soon as I deleted that everything worked just fine. Hope this helps somebody, it was really frustrating me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Beertje81

Total Posts:  8

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=3483

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community