Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Description on different languages

Gabriel Queiroz

Total Posts:  135
Brasília, Brazil

Hi,

I think I understood the Website->Store->Store View thing… Now I’m using Store views to create seven languages for a shop.

I’ve got to create the seven languages. Perfect. I’ve selected one locale for each, each one with it’s respective language pack attached. Smooth!

Now, I want to create a product (Store scope, as far as I understood) and add a different description for each store view.

When I try to create a simple product, beside the description text area there’s the [STORE VIEW] mark which tells me this should be configurable from store to store… but i can’t see the drop dow to select the store view I’m writing the description to.

How am I supposed to do this?

Cheers,

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Gabriel Queiroz

Brasília, Brazil

Anyone? Magento team members?

This sounds like a bug for me… I’ve seen some posts reffering to the drop down on the add product form.

Magento Community
Magento Community

liotropi

Total Posts:  182
Athens, Greece

top left corner

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gabriel Queiroz

Brasília, Brazil

Hi liotropi,

Thanks for your reply.

Is that the add new product form? That drop down doesn’t exist on my magento install (version 1.0.19870.4), and I have 4 different store views.

Any help would be appreciated,

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gabriel Queiroz

Brasília, Brazil

Anyone can see the store views dropdown in the new magento version?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community