Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Sample Data 1.0.19870 installation error - Please help

andersbirkenstam

Total Posts:  19

i am reading in the forum of all the problems and i am going back to virtuemart. why does not the team answer ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

exadeone

Total Posts:  14

Folks,

I have tried everything I know, things on this forum and I still get same error when trying to install magento after I have applied the SQL as advised. I noticed that if I use the sample data sql from magento, I get about 30 files after applying via phpmyadmin while I get 105 files using the a poster’s version. The error is below:

Error in file: “/home/eseedgro/public_html/zhyeon/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/sql/sales_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.9.14-0.9.15.php” - SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘eseedgro_exadeon.sales_flat_quote_address_item’ doesn’t exist
Trace:
#0 /home/eseedgro/public_html/zhyeon/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(286): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /home/eseedgro/public_html/zhyeon/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(178): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘0.9.14’, ‘0.9.26’)
#2 /home/eseedgro/public_html/zhyeon/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(145): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’0.9.14’, ‘0.9.26’)
#3 /home/eseedgro/public_html/zhyeon/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(120): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home/eseedgro/public_html/zhyeon/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(215): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home/eseedgro/public_html/zhyeon/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(243): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /home/eseedgro/public_html/zhyeon/magento/app/Mage.php(424): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#7 /home/eseedgro/public_html/zhyeon/magento/app/Mage.php(443): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#8 /home/eseedgro/public_html/zhyeon/magento/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#9 {main}

My host meets the requirements and everything looks cool until I get into installation. I will really appreciate any help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

roconweb

Total Posts:  5

Hi All!

I’ve been reading this thread because I have been having all of the same problems you have had by importing the SQL file using phpMyAdmin. 

I’ve tried all of the “edited” sql files without anyluck.

I was able to get the data to import into my database by doing the following:

1. Open up the magento_sample_data_for_1.1.2.sql file using WordPad
2. Copy the Entire Text
3. Run a SQL Query on the database using phpMyAdmin using the copied text (rather than importing the SQL file)

This worked for me!

Rob

Magento Community
Magento Community

ecchi

Total Posts:  4

Well, same case for the ver.1.2 sample data.

you will have to remove all inline comment including the version code
orginally:

/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;

to:

SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT ;

I did not need to change those tables to InnoDB and it still works.

File Attachments
magento_sample_data_for_1.2.0_nc.sql  (File Size: 944KB - Downloads: 1123)

Magento Community
Magento Community

cgoldberg

Total Posts:  37

I am attempting to install v 1.2.01. I’ve tried using the sample data provided by magento - and the sql file provided by “ecchi” [magento_sample_data_for_1.2.0_nc.sql (File Size: 944KB ]. With both files I get the same sql error (1452)

“Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`efriarshop/catalogindex_eav`, CONSTRAINT `FK_CATALOGINDEX_EAV_ENTITY` FOREIGN KEY (`entity_id`) REFERENCES `catalog_product_entity` (`entity_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE) “

Does anyone have a fix for this?
Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kelvin Jones

Total Posts:  6

I’m starting to question my choice in using Magento… this will be the second trial run of the system on a fresh domain, it better work this time!

The first time I saw it I was amazed at how finished the system looked, a much more forward thinking solution than OSCommerce - I’m starting to doubt!!!

This time I’ve tried several attempts at just getting the sample data to load into the database using PHPMyAdmin, but the SQL file fails every time throwing the following error.

#1005 - Can't create table './pmshop/catalog_category_entity_datetime.frm' (errno: 150)
Eventually I copied the SQL statements straight into PHPMyAdmin then ran it, this time it worked.

Full upload of 1.2.0.1 still running - so finders crossed else it OSCommerce.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lgcale

Total Posts:  2

I installed already the data for version 1.2.0.2, what’s the default admin username and password?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Netmorix

Total Posts:  151
Augsburg

I just tried to install the sample data, but have major problems. I tried it with bigdump and phpmyadmin, but always get the same error message:

SQL-Befehl:

CREATE TABLE `catalog_product_bundle_option` (
`option_id` int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`parent_id` int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL ,
`required` tinyint( 1 ) unsigned NOT NULL default ‘0’,
`position` int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL default ‘0’,
`type` varchar( 255 ) NOT NULL default ‘’,
PRIMARY KEY ( `option_id` ) ,
KEY `FK_CATALOG_PRODUCT_BUNDLE_OPTION_PARENT` ( `parent_id` ) ,
CONSTRAINT `FK_CATALOG_PRODUCT_BUNDLE_OPTION_PARENT` FOREIGN KEY ( `parent_id` ) REFERENCES `catalog_product_entity` ( `entity_id` ) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE
) ENGINE = InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT =23 DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8 COMMENT = ‘Bundle Options’;

MySQL meldet: Dokumentation
#1005 - Can’t create table ‘./magento/catalog_product_bundle_option.frm’ (errno: 121)

How can I solve this problem.... ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dexter

Total Posts:  8

lgcale - 13 January 2009 12:28 AM

I installed already the data for version 1.2.0.2, what’s the default admin username and password?

admin

Magento Community
Magento Community

thinwin

Total Posts:  2

Thanks for the fix. after several trys with the old file. the install of data worked beautifully with your cleanup.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mysteread

Total Posts:  7

Just a heads up for everyone out there.

I was pulling my hair out trying to get the magento-sample-data-1.2.0 to work properly using the mySQL Query Browser to talk to my MAMP install.

As soon as I created a blank database and used the Import feature in phpMyAdmin to run magento_sample_data_for_1.2.0.sql, all was well.

Just so you all know, it can be done!!!

Cheers,

mysteread

Magento Community
Magento Community

e13o13

Total Posts:  1

THanks ecchi for the file - that solved the 1005 error for me!

Magento Community
Magento Community

angelleye

Total Posts:  45
Kansas City, MO

This may or may not help anybody, but for what it’s worth I’ve gone through installing sample data 3 times on the same server and I got this error the second time around.

Very first time I tried working with sample data everything was great.  Then I wound up trashing my Magento trying to apply a theme (a problem for another thread) so I wiped everything and started from scratch again.

This time when I ran the .sql file I got this error about foreign keys.  Started doing some Googling, wound up here, and then just decided for kicks I’d just try it again.  Wiped the DB and tried it again.  Worked great. 

So you might just wanna try again if you get this error.  There are so many tables and data getting created that if your host hiccups at all I guess it could cause a problem.  I know on my host I tend to get a blank white page in Magento sometimes but then when I refresh all is well.  Maybe that type of thing is happening during the import which causes the problem..??

Magento Community
Magento Community

mriffey

Im seeing all these same install errors with foreign key constraints and more. The installer really, really needs some polish and some professional testing. Thats NOT what users are for, even skilled, technical ones.

Clearly, no one on the Magento team has taken the installer and tried to run it on a properly configured linux shared hosting environment (or a dedicated one like I use, for that matter).

Lots of polish issues. Disappointing and sucking up a TON of extra time.

Mark

Magento Community
Magento Community

dub3325

mmm yea, big fan of the magento look and functionality, but this to me just screams red flags on why I shouldnt be using Magento. I’ve researched the same issue, and cannot get it to work. Same issues as every user in this topic.

You guys give us the fixed sql file for the sample data that ships with magento, however, any of the skins that I have tried implementing yield the same old problems.

I may just go backt o OSCommerce...It’s all table based, but at least its easier to skin at the point.

OSC Store - http://www.iloveono.com

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community