Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 8
Sample Data 1.0.19870 installation error - Please help

ktsixit

Total Posts:  68

these are my errors after executing the sql:

NoticeUndefined index:  scheme  in /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Store.php on line 729
Trace
:
#0 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Store.php(729): mageCoreErrorHandler(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/mywebsite/...', 729, Array)
#1 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page/switch/languages.phtml(35): Mage_Core_Model_Store->getCurrentUrl()
#2 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(138): include('/home/mywebsite/...')
#3 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(170): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/defaul...')
#4 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(187): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#5 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(636): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#6 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(495): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#7 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(446): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('store_language', true)
#8 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page/html/header.phtml(34): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('store_language')
#9 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(138): include('/home/mywebsite/...')
#10 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(170): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/defaul...')
#11 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(187): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#12 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(636): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#13 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(495): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#14 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(446): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('header', true)
#15 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page/2columns-right.phtml(35): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('header')
#16 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(138): include('/home/mywebsite/...')
#17 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(170): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/defaul...')
#18 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(187): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#19 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(636): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#20 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(509): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#21 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#22 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php(77): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#23 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/controllers/IndexController.php(26): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->renderPage(Object(Mage_Cms_IndexController), 'home')
#24 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(343): Mage_Cms_IndexController->indexAction()
#25 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(144): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#26 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(168): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#27 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(420): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#28 /home/mywebsite/public_html/magento/index.php(46): Mage::run()
#29 {main}

can someone guide me please?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jeff.mitchel

Total Posts:  1

Nijhof Internet Media:

UPDATE2:
REMOVE ALL INLINE COMMENTS, PRESERVE THE CODE WITHIN THE COMMENTS
for some reason ALL code in inline comments is not executed causing an install failure of the shop

Thanks.. That did the trick.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TM2000

Total Posts:  9

here is a good sql file with no comments from 1.1.2 (did it aug 22).

Worked with MySQL 5.0.51 and phpmyadmin 2.11.6

File Attachments
sample_data_for_112_no_com.sql  (File Size: 1306KB - Downloads: 1920)

Magento Community
Magento Community

SaschaMuc

Total Posts:  2
Munich, Germany

I just recognized my MySQL Version is below the requirements. This must have been the issue.
Unfortunely 1&1;is not able to upgrade the MySQL Version on a managed server. I’m stuck.

- - - -
Ignore old post:
- - - -

I experience a different SQL Error while trying to run the SQL via PhpMyAdmin:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'character set latin1,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`assert_id`)
ENGINE=Inn

I am running phpMyAdmin 2.6.4-pl3 and MySQL 4.0.27

Can anybody help me out?

Magento Community
Magento Community

TM2000

Total Posts:  9

SaschaMuc - 01 September 2008 12:23 PM

I

I am running phpMyAdmin 2.6.4-pl3 and MySQL 4.0.27

Can anybody help me out?

You have to be running MySQL 4.1.20+
http://www.magentocommerce.com/system-requirements.

IMHO, you should dump your host… it will just keep coming up :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

SaschaMuc

Munich, Germany

i had 1&1;on the phone, they say there will be an upgrade to 4.1.? and 5 somewhere in the next coming 3 months.
What to say? it’s just too much hassle to move to another hoster. i’ll have to wait.

Thanks anyway!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Frank Jonen

Total Posts:  4

TM2000 - 23 August 2008 06:52 AM

here is a good sql file with no comments from 1.1.2 (did it aug 22).

Worked with MySQL 5.0.51 and phpmyadmin 2.11.6

Thanks but for me that results in this now:

Error
SQL query:

/*!40000 ALTER TABLE `admin_role` DISABLE KEYS */;

MySQL said:

#1065 - Query was empty

clues?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Nijhof Internet Media

Total Posts:  32
Netherlands

The file you tried still contains comments.
Here is my sql file with no comments at all.

All inline comments are removed, code is preserved.

MySQL 5.0.58
phpMyAdmin 2.8.2.4

First, create database and import sql file.
Then install Magento (first upload sample data!).
I’ve installed Magento 1.1.3 (downloader), this is working with the sample data.
Don’t forget to clear the cache of Magento (System) after installation.

File Attachments
magento_sample_data_for_1.1.2_edited_nc.sql  (File Size: 1304KB - Downloads: 1013)

Magento Community
Magento Community

SoCalCreations

Total Posts:  10

Okay I have followed all the suggestions for uploading the sample data file and continue to get errors.  So I came here looking for support and seemed to find more people with the same problem than I have solutions. 

I have dumped my Magento DB tables so often I could do this task in my sleep now......
I tried TM2000 sql statement from an above post....same result as below
I tried Nijhof Internet media’s sql statement with no comments...same thing.

Steps Taken
1) Drop ALL existing Magento tables using phpmyadmin -no issue
2) Upload sample sql database using phpmyadmin “Import has been successfully finished, 887 queries executed.” -no issue
3) Run ‘install.php’ from web page and get the following

Error in file: “/home2/socalcre/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/sql/core_setup/mysql4-install-0.8.0.php” - SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can’t create table ‘./socalcre_magento/#sql-13e0_61d0df.frm’ (errno: 121)
Trace:
#0 /home2/socalcre/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(286): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /home2/socalcre/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(166): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’install’, ‘’, ‘0.8.11’)
#2 /home2/socalcre/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(154): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_installResourceDb(’0.8.11’)
#3 /home2/socalcre/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(120): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /home2/socalcre/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(215): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /home2/socalcre/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(236): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 /home2/socalcre/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php(424): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’default’, ‘store’, Array)
#7 /home2/socalcre/public_html/magento/install.php(124): Mage::app(’default’)
#8 {main}

It would be very nice if Magento would consider a different approach or rather the standard approach of allowing sample data to be imported either from phpmyadmin or from within an installed Magento backend app.

My stats
Host: HostMonster.com
MySQL 5.0.45
PHP 5.2.6
Magento 1.1.5

Any help would be appreciated here as I would really like to learn this app and use it as a replacement for one of my clients who is using ZenCart....BTW has Magento considered an importer for ZenCart? Because that would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

abovethefold

Total Posts:  13
Boston, MA

Nijhof Internet Media - 14 September 2008 02:34 AM

The file you tried still contains comments.
Here is my sql file with no comments at all.

All inline comments are removed, code is preserved.

MySQL 5.0.58
phpMyAdmin 2.8.2.4

First, create database and import sql file.
Then install Magento (first upload sample data!).
I’ve installed Magento 1.1.3 (downloader), this is working with the sample data.
Don’t forget to clear the cache of Magento (System) after installation.

Thank you for cleaning up the SQL. I wasted a good hour working with the outdated SQL .

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mehedi

Total Posts:  3

Thanks “Nijhof Internet Media”, your SQL imported successfully.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dbc

Still not installing the sample db even with the modified file.

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `eav_attribute` VALUES (1,1,’firstname’,NULL,’’,’varchar’,’’,’’,’text’,’First Name’,’’,’’,1,1,1,0,’’,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,’’,0,’’,1),(2,1,’lastname’,NULL,’’,’varchar’,’’,’’,’text’,’Last Name’,’’,’’,1,1,1,0,’’,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,’’,0,’’,1),(3,1,’email’,NULL,’’,’static’,’’,’’,’text’,’Email’,’validate-email’,’’,1,1,1,0,’’,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,’’,0,’’,1),(4,1,’password_hash’,NULL,’customer/customer_attribute_backend_password’,’varchar’,’’,’’,’hidden’,’’,’’,’’,1,1,0,0,’’,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,’’,0,’’,1),(7,1,’default_billing’,NULL,’customer/customer_attribute_backend_billing’,’int’,’’,’’,’text’,’’,’’,’’,1,0,0,0,’’,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,’’,0,’’,1),(8,1,’default_shipping’,NULL,’customer/customer_attribute_backend_shipping’,’int’,’’,’’,’text’,’’,’’,’’,1,0,0,0,’’,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,’’,0,’’,1),(9,2,’firstname’,NULL,’’,’varchar’,’’,’’,’text’,’First Name’,’’,’’,1,1,1,0,’’,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,’’,0,’’,1),(10,2,’lastname’,NULL,’’,’varchar’,’’,’’,’text’,’Last Name’,’’,’’,1,1,1,0,’’,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,’’,0,’’,1),(11,2,’country_id’,NULL,’’,[...]

MySQL said: Documentation
#1216 - Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails

Magento Community
Magento Community

G Qasim G

When I try to install sample data ver 1.1.2 by phpMyAdmin - 2.11.6
During installing data it stoped after creating table “rating_option”
So then when i copy sql of after table “rating_option” and paste in phpmyadmin sql query execution box

I have got an error below.

CREATE TABLE `report_event` (

`event_id` bigint( 20 ) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`logged_at` datetime NOT NULL default ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00’,
`event_type_id` smallint( 6 ) unsigned NOT NULL default ‘0’,
`object_id` int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL default ‘0’,
`subject_id` int( 10 ) unsigned NOT NULL default ‘0’,
`subtype` tinyint( 3 ) unsigned NOT NULL default ‘0’,
`store_id` smallint( 5 ) unsigned NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( `event_id` ) ,
KEY `IDX_EVENT_TYPE` ( `event_type_id` ) ,
KEY `IDX_SUBJECT` ( `subject_id` ) ,
KEY `IDX_OBJECT` ( `object_id` ) ,
KEY `IDX_SUBTYPE` ( `subtype` ) ,
KEY `FK_REPORT_EVENT_STORE` ( `store_id` ) ,
CONSTRAINT `FK_REPORT_EVENT_STORE` FOREIGN KEY ( `store_id` ) REFERENCES `core_store` ( `store_id` ) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE ,
CONSTRAINT `FK_REPORT_EVENT_TYPE` FOREIGN KEY ( `event_type_id` ) REFERENCES `report_event_types` ( `event_type_id` ) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE
) ENGINE = InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8;

MySQL said: 

#1005 - Can’t create table ‘.\magento116\report_event.frm’ (errno: 150)

What is the exact problem?
will any body help me?
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

TomC

Total Posts:  191

Okay, I am just about FED UP with this ridiculous method for installing sample data.

You know,this is where Joomla has it over Magento ... when installing a quickstart package with sample data, it’s a ONE-STEP process - simple as pie.  I have gone through this ridiculous sample-data installation process about 10 times, and EACH AND EVERY TIME I get some kind of SQL error during the process.  Heck, even VirtueMart has a ONE CLICK “install sample data” process within the installation process.

WHY WHY WHY can’t the Magento Team simply create a ONE STEP installation package that INCLUDES the sample data already integrated? How about some consideration for those within your user base who have not spent years studying PHP/MySQL code and troubleshooting processes?

Magento Community
Magento Community

TomC

Total Posts:  191

Gee, no response from the Magento Team ... What a surprise.

Here’s the latest attempt error . . . .

<code>
Notice: Undefined index:  scheme in /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Store.php on line 735
Trace:
#0 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Store.php(735): mageCoreErrorHandler(8, ‘Undefined index...’, ‘/home/musicia4/...’, 735, Array)
#1 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page/switch/languages.phtml(41): Mage_Core_Model_Store->getCurrentUrl()
#2 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include(’/home/musicia4/...’)
#3 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(’frontend/defaul...’)
#4 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#5 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#6 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(503): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#7 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(454): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml(’store_language’, true)
#8 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page/html/header.phtml(38): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml(’store_language’)
#9 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include(’/home/musicia4/...’)
#10 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(’frontend/defaul...’)
#11 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#12 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#13 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(503): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#14 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(454): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml(’header’, true)
#15 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page/2columns-right.phtml(41): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml(’header’)
#16 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): include(’/home/musicia4/...’)
#17 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(’frontend/defaul...’)
#18 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#19 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#20 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(515): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#21 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(326): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#22 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php(92): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#23 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/controllers/IndexController.php(32): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->renderPage(Object(Mage_Cms_IndexController), ‘home’)
#24 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(349): Mage_Cms_IndexController->indexAction()
#25 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(163): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’index’)
#26 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(174): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#27 /home/musicia4/public_html/app/Mage.php(447): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#28 /home/musicia4/public_html/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#29 {main} </code>

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 8