Magento Forum

Page 3 of 3
Cannot install magento - Internal Server error

griefex

Total Posts:  52
Malta

is it safe to use it? or maybe should i try to install the beta to see if it works? Also from where can i get a demo store to install on to magento?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

griefex

Malta

i uploaded the file and this is what i have now see attached screenshot, i changed permissions to 755 after taking the screenshot. What do i need to upload more to start the installation? I am asking so we are both sure whats being added and changed

Image Attachments
ssp_temp_capture.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

The files should be at permission 644.
As for the demo store, download the sample data, upload the ‘media’ files, add the .sql file into your MySQL database before you start to install.

Magento Community
Magento Community

griefex

Malta

Hi I solved that problem, the hosting had to enable some PHP stuff from their side, which they had told me they did already! :(

I am encountering the following error now:
o SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘dbuser’@’victorious.eukhost.com’ (using password: YES)
o Database connection error

What is the host I need to put in? Also the user ‘dbuser’ has all priveledges set to it and the password is fine.

Also the baseurl for the time being is stayucm/magento. How will i have to set it to keep the magento stuff under the magento folder and have it redirecdt to stayucm.com instead to stayucm.com/magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

webmasterflex

Total Posts:  1

hi, sounds stupid but if your extracting magento from a zip try instead uploading and extracting the tar.gz file

hope this help. i know this post is a little dated but others may find this usefull

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

mariyar

Total Posts:  11

..the reason is that someone else is working on it and im trying to solve the probs! I renamed to its proper name but its empty. Should it be empty? ...

Fabulous Coach Shoes For Less
Diesel Shoes And Coach Boots
The History of Coach Shoes

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 3 of 3