Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
Can Magento Print Shipping Labels

phazlett

Total Posts:  21
Celebration, FL

I know there’s a lot happening in the Shipping Integration group and I’m new to Magento so I’m not sure how complete the shipping functionality is. There seems to be a lot of discussions about real-time rate quotes from UPS and FedEx, but there is very little mentioned about printing a physical shipping label for the outside of the package.

Question 1

Can Magento print UPS labels as noted in this thread? I mean is it a finished solution that will be included in the 1.1 release?

http://www.magentocommerce.com/group/blog/action/viewpost/357/group/207/

Question 2

Also, regarding FedEx, which I actually prefer over UPS - what are my options when trying to get a FedEx shipping label? I found a thread that mentions FedEx Ship Manager integration but is this my only option?

http://www.magentocommerce.com/group/blog/action/viewpost/406/group/207/

Question 3

The third question is about DHL, which is my second choice to use.  If I wanted to ship using DHL how do I get a DHL shipping label printed?

Thanks,
Paul

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Currently there is no out of the box solution for printing shipping labels for any of these carriers. It is possible that this will be a community extension in the future.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

Total Posts:  252

I hope they do this with the next release, it would help out a ton

Magento Community
Magento Community

Web2Market

Total Posts:  20
Alsip, IL

I have an alternative for printing FedEx, UPS, and USPS labels and recording the tracking information in Magento.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/2460

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kevin Razmus

Total Posts:  9

Print USPS labels from admin/USPS Click-n-Ship Integration

I am currently working on integrating USPS click n ship into the admin panel.

It pulls the customer information and auto-populates the click-n-ship form, then you select a service option, pay and print.

Let me know if you’re interested.

Screen shots:

Image Attachments
Capture.jpgCapture.PNG2.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

magiclogixinc

Total Posts:  21
Dallas, TX

Kevin, that’s definitely a good starting point, for sure.

Ideally though, and when I looked at it, it didn’t seem too hard, is to use the Delivery Confirmation Shipping Label API’s.  In this way you can print it directly from magento.

Even without going the API route though, it would still be much better than what’s currently available (nothing)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kevin Razmus

Total Posts:  9

I looked into using the API for printing the labels, I actually have it to the point where I can print them from the admin panel but it has no postage. Is there a way to pay for postage with the Delivery Confirmation Shipping Label API?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

I connect to the MySQL database with MS ACCESS and print all my labels from there. You can also connect with Dazzle or Galaxyship and do the samething.  I also have an extention for FedEx where I have a cron that dumps all the info into a table and pushes it to our local FedEX sever. My client ships about 600 boxes a day on Fedex.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

One more thing, I integrate into the Fedex Cafe and NASCAR software systems

Magento Community
Magento Community

calendula

Total Posts:  24

Kevin Razmus - 01 April 2010 12:36 PM

Print USPS labels from admin/USPS Click-n-Ship Integration

I am currently working on integrating USPS click n ship into the admin panel.

It pulls the customer information and auto-populates the click-n-ship form, then you select a service option, pay and print.

Let me know if you’re interested.

Screen shots:

Kevin, I’d be interested.

I’ve asked USPS to put me on the production server (right now my site is hosted on a subdomain at Simple Helix for testing purposes), and I got confirmation that I was indeed on the production server. However, I haven’t gotten the API to work at all yet for USPS web tools.

Your Username is 234XXXXX4697
Your Password is XXXXXXXXXX

Your Web Tools User ID, shown above, is required to test and integrate USPS Web Tools APIs.

So I entered in my info as seen in the screen shot I’ve attached. Am I missing something crucial? The weights of my products are very, very light - usually less than an ounce. I’ve scoured the forums and it might be that, but I’m not sure.  All I need it for is to batch print out shipping labels without postage (we have a postage meter that we’ll use for now, and eventually we’ll need Magento to spit out an XML feed to be FTPed to a remote warehouse).

Image Attachments
screenshot.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

socalcane

Total Posts:  14

Has anyone had success with the USPS Click-n-Ship integration?  It’s such a pain to have to hop out of Magento and into PayPal to send shipping labels! smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

vijaydas

Total Posts:  1

Hey all, Magento’s default FedEx functionality is somewhat lacking - you definitely want to check out a third party solution:

ShipSync - A Magento FedEx API extension that has rate estimations, automatic shipment creation, label printing (including thermal), tracking codes, address validation, and bunch more.  $250.  I have been using ShipSync for almost a year now for my ecommerce site and I have been very happy with it.
http://www.illapps.com/shipsync.html

ShipRush - I believe has similar functionality to ShipSync, but requires installation of a stand-alone app on a Windows PC.  Does not include address validation (this in my opinion is a required feature).  Free for Magento.  I think this product may be a spin off from Shipper for Magento, but I’m not sure when I look at their websites.
http://fedex.shiprush.com/magento/index.shtml

ShipWorks - This is not a native Magento app, but can be integrated with a bit of work from you coders.  Offers tracking, labels, and package creation, but does not have some of the FedEx specific features such as address validation (I need this!).  $50/mo.
http://classyllama.com/magento/management/using-shipworks-with-magento-usps-ups-fedex-shipping-integration/

Magento Community
Magento Community

bj0rn

Total Posts:  37

I’m really interested in the direct USPS integration, sort of like ShipSync is doing for FedEx. That would be awesome, and I’d be happy to pay for it. What’s going on with it now?

Magento Community
Magento Community

craigan

Total Posts:  11

Kevin,

I’m interested! Any more details on this?

Craig

Magento Community
Magento Community

seanstewart

I really wish this feature would be integrated. The current solutions don’t work 100% of the time. I guess I’ll have to write my own

Magento Community
Magento Community

craigan

@seanstewart - what have you tried that doesn’t work?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 3